a. The following specific services are provided by the Physical Therapy Section:
(1) Musculoskeletal screening to identify injury, dysfunction, or imbalance of the musculoskeletal system.
(2) Instruction in therapeutic exercises to promote recovery from injury and to improve the function of the musculoskeletal system. Therapeutic exercises may also be used to assist in pain management.
(3) The TMC and MACH Physical Therapy Clinics are able to provide the full scope of physical therapy services primarily for orthopedic/sports medicine type injuries. This includes heat and cold modalities, therapeutic exercise programs, gait training (walkers, crutches, canes), intermittent compression (Jobst), electrotherapy, traction (cervical and pelvic), functional assessments, isokinetic assessments, and post operative rehabilitation programs.
(4) There is no "comprehensive rehabilitation service". The Physical Therapy Section works closely with the Orthopedic Service, the Occupational Section, and Social Work Service to transfer or refer patients who do require a "comprehensive setting" to an appropriate care facility.
(5) The Physical Therapy Clinic (PES) manages the rehabilitation of the soldiers in the Physical Training and Rehabilitation Program. Re-evaluations and exercise modifications are done at this clinic.
b. Physical Therapy sponsors several classes and special programs. A referral to Physical Therapy is required to participate in these classes and programs.
(1) Back Education Class (on request)
(2) Proper Running Shoe Fitting (on request)
(3) Injury Prevention Class (on request)
(4) Exercise During Pregnancy (on request)
(5) Nutrition and Exercise Class (on request)